11.29.2011

Single Digits

. . .


Did you realize that today marks only


9


days left?

(hopefully)

I can remember when there were 230 days left
seems like just the other day

And now look at us--we've got a carseat installed in the backseat
a crib set up in the second bedroom
tiny clothes hung on tiny hangers
this is really happening.


If you would have asked me two weeks ago if I was ready for this baby, I would have told you

nope.


Not because we didn't have every material necessity,
but because I was not ready for the whole hospital episode.
Not ready for painful contractions,
not ready for a massive needle stuck into my spine
not ready for any kind of excessive bleeding.


But now my view of childbirth goes something along the lines of:


the sooner he gets out,

the sooner I can hold and cuddle and love and play with my cute little chubby-cheeked bundle of warm newborn baby!




Aren't you excited?!


since I don't have my own yet

No comments:

LinkWithin