11.02.2011

5 Week Stretch


This baby sure likes to stretch his little legs out. I'll feel something weird going on in there and I'll look down to a small bulge (feet) on my right side and a bigger bulge (bum) on my left side. Then after a few seconds, he'll settle back down and my stomach will round back out. I should probably get a picture of it sometime, because it looks pretty funny.



The other day my doctor was pressing against my belly, just checking up on him, and he was super surprised as he said, "Wow, his head is low!" Which I guess is where all that pressure is coming from, all those times that I needed to pee again, five minutes after I'd already gone. The doctor also mentioned that he thought I was measuring a little small, but that it just must be because I'm so tall that there's plenty of room in there. Which is probably true, because his head is super low, but I can still feel his feet and legs up under my ribs all the time. He must be the longest baby in the world!



We're on the homestretch now. Only 5 weeks left. I'm at the point where people that come into my work ask me how much longer, or if I'm ready for this baby. I always tell them, "Nope!" He's gotta stay in there until I have at least one shower--or at least until we can get a carseat. There aren't even sheets on the crib yet! As far as I'm concerned, at this point, he can stay in there a tenth month just so we can be absolutely sure everything's ready. Though that will probably wreak havoc on my poor body.



On the other hand, sometimes it hits me that this little squirmy thing in my belly is going to be a little squirmy thing in my arms. As in, I'll be able to talk to him and he will react. I'll be able to hold him as long as I want without some other lady coming to take him back--because I'll be the mom. People will be handing him back to me to change his diaper or calm his crying.
One month, one week, and one day.



No comments:

LinkWithin