3.18.2011

Negative

So, Sunday night, 3-13, I'm lying awake in bed anticipating the next morning's pregnancy test--

The one we took a few days earlier was negative, but I found out it was waaaay to early when we took it.
I just wanted to find out so bad!

I was lying awake contemplating the possibility of a positive pregnancy test, and the fact that I might possibly become a mother by the end of the year, and how crazy that would be...

The next morning I woke up. Taking care to leave Kade sleeping (he had the flu), I snuck into the bathroom and pulled out the pregnancy test.

five seconds and three minutes later, much to my dismay

only one lonely red line.

I was bummed out practically all day. But I was talking to my friend (one of the TWO now that know our secret, gosh...) and he told me about his wife's experience finding out she was pregnant and we came to the conclusion that the test again might have been taken too early.

So Kade and I went and bought another two-pack of tests and decided to wait till Thursday.

Still no. Still only one lonely red line.

And I was even more bummed out. So I did some more research and I found out that it still might be too early to pick up HCG on a home pregnancy test.

Which was a relief, and kind of stressful, considering I might have to graduate in the fall instead of summer.

Then we went to Zhang's with my grandparents, where after finishing our meal we were all given a fortune cookie.
My grandma's was "Invest in family"
My grandpa's "You see beauty in the ordinary"
Kade's "Set your sights high"

Mine "A pleasant surprise is in store for you in the coming week"


Best fortune ever. I got that and this cheesy smile came over my face and I read it to the group and Kade and I shared one of those intimate marital glances where we both knew something no one else did...


and then I decided:


If I am pregnant, pleasant surprise, that'll be incredible.


If I'm not this time, pleasant surprise, a little stress relief school-wise.




But for some reason I'm crossing my fingers for the former. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin