6.20.2011

Cravings!!

If you've seen the latest post on my other blog, you will see why I haven't posted for such a long time.

I don't have any pictures... ugh I'm SUPER behind. First it was a plum, then it was a peach, then it was a lemon, now it's an orange, and in a few days it will be as long as an avacado! (according to thebump.com, where lots of their size comparisons are confusing. From an orange to an avacado?)

Lately I've been craving Pizza like nobody's business. Pizza and milk by the gallon.
(kade told me this story was blog-worthy, so here it goes:)

(But I guess I should let you know we're living with his parents temporarily until we can find a good place in Logan. If you'd like me to expand on any of that, leave a comment)

In fact, the other night Kade was working at a booth for the Ragnar, and I decided to wait up for him until he got home. At around midnight, I get an insatiable craving for a slice of gooey, cheesy pizza. I texted Kade and he told me there were some hotpockets in the basement freezer. So I grab a box of ham and cheese hotpockets but pause at the foot of the stairs. It is midnight, there's only a microwave upstairs, but his parents are asleep... 


So I turned on their little gas fireplace/stove downstairs and placed my hotpocket on the hot metal top like an old-fashioned pioneer woman..


Then I wrapped up in a blanket and watched three episodes of 30 rock, periodically getting up to turn the hotpocket over, before it was finally done.

And you know something, it was alright. Plenty warm in the middle, and it only took an hour!

And I didn't even wake his parents up!

And by that time Kade was almost home!

Win-win-win!


But yeah, case-in-point, I needed pizza. I needed it so much that I waited an hour for it.
Even though the next morning Kade thought it was so funny that he had to blab it to his parents, who also thought it was funny, and made sure to let me know that I could use the microwave at any hour of the day or night and it wouldn't bother them at all...

So I didn't have to wait,

but it made for an okay story :)

No comments:

LinkWithin