I had planned to talk to Kade about it tonight, and maybe wait to make any sort of decision until next week--
but when he followed me over to the pharmacy and saw me pick up a bottle of prenatals, his face lit up and his cute smile engulfed his face and we talked about it over dinner at TGIFridays and decided not to wait!
So now, we wait.
I guess I should know soon, right? Because I was due for my period on Monday... so if it doesn't come in a couple days that is probably a definite sign?
I'm super duper nervous!
There are so many things we would have to do after we found out. Go to the doctor (FIND a doctor), figure out how to pay for the doctor, I have to actually start exercising instead of dreaming about planning on exercising someday, eating lotsa veggies, not drinking any soda pop (great excuse to finally quit!) or eating handfuls of candy (cupcakes, cookies, brownies... dang bakery).
And then, of course, there is figuring out how to tell everyone.
Which is also something Kade and I talked about at TGIF. We wanted to do something creative like his sister AshLee (book about being a grandpa with ultrasound pictures in it, putting her little girl in a 'Big Sister' T-shirt), but had the hardest time coming up with something that wasn't a little bit like hers.
So we came up with this:
We're going to make some family movies--for my family, put together a DVD of all the videos I've made with them, and one of the chapters will be an ultrasound picture with some baby-ish music playing, for Kade's family do the same thing but put it at the end of a picture slideshow (Vickie LOVES slideshows :))
I mean, that's creative, too. Even though it's kind of copying an extended member of my family (who knows who they are, but don't mind at all, right?)
Weird to think about!
Also, we stopped at Babies R Us last night on our way home, just for kicks, and brother that store is mighty pricey. But it was exciting looking at everything!
Aw... our little family!
We're pretty excited. You know, to find out if we actually are pregnant. But after that will be doubly exciting :)
2.12.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment