10.11.2011
Let's Talk
Can we just pause a minute and address the unreal amount of people that leave their houses every morning smelling like human feces?
Seriously, do all these people live alone? Or do their spouses/roommates smell like poop, too?
And I know it's not just me. Even though when I borrowed a shirt of my mom's yesterday, and had to practically rip it off my body because it smelled so strongly of urine, my mom and sister both smelled it and called me crazy.
Maybe my body is just trying to prep me for the years to come when poop and pee is all I will ever smell. The fresh smell of detergent on my clothes will be replaced with the rancidity of layers of spit-up, the apple spice scentsy burning in the corner will be drown out by the wreek of a new blow-out, several open windows will not clear the dense, day-old diaper air of the baby's room...
It has recently come to my attention (for the minute I stepped out of la-la land) just how many more chores will be incorporated into my daily routine once the baby comes. Not only will the dishes still need doing, the baby will need changing, feeding, burping, rocking to sleep. Doctor appointments, longer grocery-shopping trips, a membership to Sam's club, and a forever-changing sleep cycle await in my future.
Can you tell I'm starting to get nervous?
Yesterday my supervisor asked me whether or not I'd made a decision about working after the baby. I thought I would know by conference, you know, the prophet would be talking about motherhood and suddenly look directly into the camera and say "Jessica, in a few short weeks, you will present a decision to your boss, and that decision will be ___________."
Unfortunately, that never happened. So I had to tell her I was still stumped.
Secretly, in my innermost heart, I know what I'd like to do... but outwardly, I hate telling anyone no.
It's a blessing, and a curse. Mostly a curse. I can never wash off all these footprints.
I guess I just have to decide who I will let walk all over me. And if I'd rather smell adult poop or baby poop.
Perhaps I just made my decision?
Adults should really never, ever smell like poop.
And you can take that and your freshly febreezed body to the bank (we'd really appreciate it).
On an unrelated note, do you think naming your kid after word verification prompts counts as creativity?
(Pleticat, Dially, Hopompla? I'm heavily leaning toward Bleave.) Surely they would be accepted in society, eh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment