7.20.2011

Drum Roll Please...

As we walked into the hospital I asked Kade what his final guess was.

"I don't know. I had the strongest feeling once that is going to be a girl, but it changes all the time. But I really don't have a preference at all."

I nodded my head in agreement, and inside I was feeling yeah, its a girl.

Then we were in the dark, little ultrasound room and the nurse was rubbing warm blue jelly all over my stomach with her ultrasound wand, and she said "Oh, looks like it's going to give us a clear shot of the gender."

Then

"Wait, maybe not...

We'll check the other stuff first."

(I had three main fears about this appointment. One was that it wouldn't show us and we would be forever (for 4 months) guessing at what it was)

She checked every. tiny. little. thing. The brain, kidneys, stomach, heart, etc... its pretty incredible what they can do these days. It had all of its fingers and toes (another fear I had) and the cord wasn't wrapped around its neck (another fear)! She even showed us where the umbilical cord was attached to its belly.

"See it? It looks like a bubble here because its looped.

And see that thing coming away from its body? Do you know what that is?"

"No"

(duh)


"That's a penis.

You're having a boy."


(Kade and I in a chorus of) "Awwwwwwwwww!"
We couldn't believe it. In fact, I asked her if she was positive if it was a boy,
she was.


Isn't it great? A boy! Bring on the muddy footprints, the matchbox cars, peeing outside, eating dog food, and making guns out of sticks, rocks, sandwiches, rubber bands, and anything else he can come up with!
Just look how cute he is...


 We are soooooo excited for our little guy to be here! But first, we have to think up some good names, find an extra bedroom for it, and I think I'm even going to embark on my first quilt-making adventure :)

2 comments:

Kami and Joe said...

Congrats on the little boy! I always wanted girls until my nephew came along. He has changed my feelings towards having boys. They are so fun. I am so glad that you have a blog. I saw on Facebook that it is a boy but it is a lot more fun to read more then "Its a boy". Congrats again!

Kade & Jess said...

Thanks Kami! We're pretty dang excited, little boys are so cute!

LinkWithin